Thursday 29 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 29. Can You Dig It?



Welcome to Day Twenty Nine of The November 30/30 Challenge.

The activity highlight of today is Volleyball!


 If you've never played Volleyball, it is a great team sport. 

I used to play indoor beach volleyball with my boyfriend at the time, my sister and some friends. I don't know where the idea actually came from, but we decided to form a team, played one season of competition and won the Final, and then never played again!

Strange really.

What is even stranger, is that I won 'Player of the Match' that day, even though I hit the Referee with the ball twice!

Both times in the head!

Oh ok, now I see....



All joking aside, whether you play normal volleyball or the beach variety, they provide pretty much the same kind of benefits. The only difference is, playing on the sand works the legs a bit more than on the hard court, especially the calves. 


Some other benefits include:


Burns calories.

Weight loss.

Strengthens and tones muscles.

Improves hand-eye co-ordination.

Develops reflexes.

Social interaction.

Reduces stress.

Develops teamwork.

Increases agility.



And don't worry, you don't have to wear the skimpy bathing suit to play. T shirt and shorts are fine.

Unless of course you want to wear the skimpy bathing suit, in which case go right ahead!







          Tracey







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...