Saturday 24 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 24. Get Your Hands Dirty!



Welcome to Day Twenty Four of The November 30/30 Challenge.

The activity I'm highlighting today is Gardening!


I dream of having a beautiful garden one day.

I can imagine a comfy, secluded place to sit, read and relax in nature, all the while admiring the fruits of my labour.

Unfortunately, I never find the time to do it much, which is why my garden is overgrown, and overrun with weeds.

What I see outside my window, sooo does not match the image I have in my head.

I am of the mindset that once I have finished the inside of our house (where we actually spend the majority of our time), then I can start on the outside. But because I never finish the inside, the outside never gets a look in!

And thus I have this constant internal battle.

But I digress.

If you happen to have time to spend in the garden, or if you can find the time, it has some wonderful benefits. Apart from the fact you are out in the fresh air, and sunshine (don't forget to Slip, Slop, Slap and Slide!), it provides a workout, as well as other health benefits!

You will burn the most calories doing things like mowing, raking, sweeping, and digging, but gardening also does the following:

Reduces stress.

Improves endurance.

Improves flexibility.

Increases strength.

Works all major muscle groups.

Lowers blood pressure.



What a great reason to develop a green thumb!

Go out and enjoy some time in the garden today! 

In fact, I might just do that myself :)







          Tracey












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...