Saturday 17 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 17. Jump For Joy!




Welcome to Day Seventeen of The November 30/30 Challenge.

Today's activity highlight is Skipping!


I used to love skipping in primary school. I would spend playtimes with my friends, singing the rhymes that go along with it, and just purely jumping for joy.

Unfortunately, disappearing along with my childhood, was my ability to jump rope. I have attempted it a few times over the years as part of my fitness regime, but could never get more than a few jumps at a time. And I could never figure out how expert skippers seem to barely lift their feet off the ground! For me it always had to be a double jump. No wonder I could never do it for long. Especially considering the fact my endurance is basically non existent!

If you are one of those incredibly fit people who already skip, or if you like the idea of it, there are some wonderful benefits for doing so. For example, jumping increases the level of calcium in the body, so jumping rope actually helps to prevent osteoporosis! 

Bonus!


Some of the other benefits are:


Increases cardiovascular fitness.

Improves balance and co-ordination.

Improves flexibility.

Works both sides of the brain, as well as both sides of the body.

Burns calories.

Works approx 40% upper body and 60% lower body at the same time.

Weight loss.

Strengthens and tones muscles.




Awesome! 

So embrace your inner child, grab a rope, and start skipping today!



'Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around, 
teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground.......'






          Tracey




If you haven't yet joined the challenge, it's not too late! Go here for details ♥


*Don't forget to join my Facebook page (if you haven't already), or you'll miss all the updates, photos and tips!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...