Earlier in the week, Dorothy from Singular Insanity put out a challenge to all of us gorgeous girls, to make a list of thirty positive things about ourselves. I knew that I wouldn't find it easy, but I was quite surprised at just how difficult it was for me. I guess it isn't something that I think about often. It's funny isn't it? How we can be so quick at finding the positive in others, but so lacking in thinking the wonderful qualities that lie beneath our own skin!
So after days of thought, and copious amounts of wine, here are the thirty qualities that make me, me.
1. I am kind.
2. I am caring.
3. I am considerate of others.
4. I am friendly.
5. I am dependable. If I say I'm going to do something for someone, I do it.
6. I am a passionate animal lover.
7. I adore reading, both to learn and to escape.
8. I am creative in lots of different ways.
9. I'm funny, and I love making people laugh.
10. I'm incredibly loyal.
11. I'm very trusting and always see the good in people.
12. I am totally empathetic. If someone cries, I cry too, whether I'm with the person or they're on T.V.
13. I am sympathetic.
14. I am understanding.
15. I am persistent. If there is something I want to do well, I keep trying until I do.
16. I am compassionate.
17. I am unselfish, by putting others before myself.
18. I am intelligent.
19. I am mature.
20. I am supportive.
21. I am almost always punctual.
22. I am capable of anything I put my mind to.
23. I am completely faithful.
24. I am honest, but never brutally. I will always find a nice way to say something bad.
25. I am polite, especially to strangers.
26. I am appreciative, especially of the little things.
27. I am proud of my family and home.
28. I am reliable. You know you can trust me.
29. I am humble.
30. Ok, so I'm not completely unattractive either ;)
Well , that's it. Phew!
So, how about you give it a go. You don't have to show anyone if you don't want to, but as Dorothy explains here, it's just a good exercise. And it really makes you think!
Go on! I dare you!
Linking in with Dorothy for Things I Know.
Also linking in with Grace for FYBF.