Wednesday 7 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 7. Can Your Belly Dance?



Welcome to Day Seven of The November 30/30 Challenge.

The activity highlight for today is Belly Dancing!



I don't know about you, but I look at the picture above, and just think "Wow!"

Apart from her amazing physique, I adore the spangley outfit! It's pure glam! 

Imagine feeling good wearing something like that. I would have, once upon a time!

But not for a while.

I have set my sights on trying Belly Dancing one day. In fact, my sister in law and I were talking about doing it last year, but ended up doing a Latin class instead. For memory, I don't think there is many places near me that do it, but looking through all the pictures on the internet has inspired me to look again.


Written on the website of the Nazeem Allayl Belly Dance Studio in Atlanta, is the most wonderful description of this form of dance. It says:


"Raks Sharki, also called belly dance, is a form of dance that many are familiar with. But few understand the effects it has on the human body. The graceful hip drops, rolls, and pivots of this dance form utilize muscle groups in the abdomen, pelvis, trunk, spine, and neck, working with the body instead of against it. Unlike ballet, which can potentially alter and deform the skeleton, or other dance forms that work against rather than with the body's physical inclinations, raks sharki is based on movements that come naturally to the female form. There is a wealth of health benefits awaiting those who practice this form of dance".


Doesn't that make you want to try it? If I hadn't already wanted to try it, that description would certainly have changed my mind!


Some of the health benefits they talk about are:

Improved posture and muscle toning.

Weight loss.

Preparation for childbirth.

Stress Reduction.

Aids digestion.

Can aid rehabilitation from injury.



Well I'm sold!

If anyone is in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne and would like to try it with me, let me know!







          Tracey



If you haven't yet joined the challenge, it's not too late! Go here for details ♥


*Don't forget to join my Facebook page (if you haven't already), or you'll miss all the updates, photos and tips!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...